Why Volunteer at Upper Des Moines Opportunity, Inc.?
- Every year, well over 1,000 volunteers are helping UDMO to build stronger communities.
- You will help others and contribute to our community!
- We may be able to help you meet the community service or internship requirements of a college course or certificate program.
What Volunteer Jobs Can I Help With?
- Our Outreach offices in each county are always seeking individuals to help in the food pantry and with some clerical areas.
- You could help in an early childhood classroom by reading to children or playing with children on the playground.
- UDMO needs volunteers to be members of our health services advisory and multi-county board.
Who Can Volunteer?
- Those with a true interest in giving back to their community.
- Most volunteer opportunities are for people 18 years of age or older.
How Do I Get Started?
Please begin by submitting a volunteer application below and we will be in touch.
- Be sure to tell us what type of volunteer work interests you in the description field.
- When you volunteer, you will be required to sign a Volunteer Service Agreement and complete a brief volunteer orientation process.
- We conduct criminal background check screenings and may ask you to complete a full criminal background check, including fingerprinting, depending on the nature and extent of your volunteer activity.
Thank you for your interest in freely giving back to your community!